Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back in Cork

The parents left early this morning, like 6:30am, and they just got back in Minneapolis a bit ago, I got a text from the Dad.  So that's good. I always worry about people flying.  Have I mentioned I HATE planes a.k.a. steel birds of DEATH!?

The rest of the trip was good.  Had even more car troubles that I don't want to get in to.  I was the navigator of the trip.  Which was both stressful at times yet also rewarding since I knew for a fact my parents would have been completely lost the entire time, and, since Dad was the only one driving, Mom would have had to do the directions part if I didn't and that would have been not good. No offense, Mom. 

I liked Dublin but we were there for less than 24 hours. I plan on going back.  Sometime before I leave. Forever. In a little over a month.

I REALLY miss Bobber.  It has been 115 days since I have seen him. I am jealous my parents got to go back home and see him.  But when I return it will be wonderful and glorious and I will most likely cry.  That's right, tears of joy because I miss my Precious Bean.  (I don't know how I came up with that...I always have called Bobbers weird names, must recently "Precious Bean" has stuck with me.)

I giggle to myself when I think about the fact that friends back home are still in classes. Heee heee heee.  I guess I still have essays to finish up (and by "finish up" I mean actually start writing them...Ooops) and then studying to do...Yeah I probably should get on that...

But today was a lazy day. Catching up on sleep and TV shows that I missed: The Office, 30 Rock, Family Guy, House, My Boys.  But The Office has been awful lately. I think it's going downhill. Kinda like Scrubs did. I am losing interest. It just isn't that funny anymore: Too serious.  

I miss my curtains in my room.  And my record player.  

I have a phone interview on Tuesday for a supervisor position at GAC, for the admissions phoning work that I did last semester.  I am quite excited but also nervous since I have never done a phone interview and have no idea what type of questions they could possibly ask me about supervising people who are calling prospective students...? Either way, if I get it I make a whole DOLLAR more an hour than being a caller ($7.55 BABY!!!). Plus, I was flattered that they even offered me it since I only worked there one semester. I WAS Caller of the Month once.  I am just that good, I guess. (Please note the sarcasm...)

I now have a varied selection of teas in my room courtesy of the B&Bs and hotels we stayed at on our trip.  I also think I averaged 4 cups of tea a day for the last week and a half.  Mmm milk and sugar please....

That's all for now.  Back to...something. I forget what I was doing before this.  Tomorrow is BIG grocery day.  Woop!  

I'll post more pictures from the trip once i finish sorting through them all.  







2 comments:

  1. Susie, you were the PERFECT navigator! When left up to me, like it was this morning just trying to get to the airport, we had a bit of trouble and had to backtrack a little...so THANK YOU for navigating us around Ireland!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love veggies, too! Mostly cooked ones, though.

    ReplyDelete