Hello! All is pretty well on the Irish front with the travels with Mom and Dad. Had some troubles with the rental car as we got a flat tire on the Dingle Penninsula, then some troubles switching out the car the following day at the Kerry airport. Other than that we have lucked out on the weather- sunny, not too windy, not that cold.
We drove up to Dingle on Thursday afternoon. I had been having a terrible day thus far trying to hand in one of my essays, so I was eager to get out of Cork and all the mess there. I am also a tad sick. I had heard that the reasons everyone's lives had been so crazy the last few weeks was because Venus was in retrograde (Google it), thus throwing off everyone's perceptions and normality. Today is the first day out of the retrograde and it already feels a ton better. I think so, at least.
Stayed at a wonderful B&B in Dingle, drove around some in the afternoon/evening along the "Dingle Way" as pointed out by our host. Got some lovely pictures.
Now we're in Lisdoonvarna, just 10 minutes north of the Cliffs of Moher, which we visited today and was a much better (and warmer) experience than my first time there for my birthday weekend. The family that owns the B&B has a big black lab, who I was quite excited to see as I am on an extreme case of dog-withdrawal and am missing Bobber terribly. I couldn't understand what the little boy was saying his name was. I heard "Tot" which I think is adorable, and REALLY want to name one of my future dogs "Tater Tot." Then you could call it by Tot, Tater, Taters, Tate, Tater Tot. Oh it would be so cute.
We are off to Galway tomorrow. Then Trim. Then Dublin. Then back to Cork! Hope the weather stays nice.
Here are some pretty and/or amusing photos. I've taken 130 of them in the last three days.
GuessI'll be using the side door...

Cliffs of Moher!
Dad walking along one of the many beaches we stopped at
Panoramic Champion!
Mini cliffs?
Mom at our B&B in Dingle. Note the impending doom behind her...
Dad changing the tire in Inch.
Mom and Dad eating some ice cream on the way to Dingle
No comments:
Post a Comment