Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kinda Lost...and Normally I'm Okay With That

So I feel a little lost right now...I hate how indecisive I am.  I just need to CHOOSE something and go with it.  I think too much about all the complications and implications instead of just dealing with whatever choice I do make, since it will all work out because I can handle it.  

I was so set on Peru and now I am second-guessing it, just like basically everything I do.  There are too many factors influencing this to list here, but I need to remember that I will indeed be paying more room/board at GAC next year to live in the Greens House and living in the house as much as possible might be a good idea, as well as keeping in mind all the projects I will be involved in.  I will have senior year, I forget that sometimes.  I will have other times to travel...I also forget that.  I think too much.  JUST DECIDE, SUSAN! 

I will set a deadline for myself: By tomorrow morning when I get to the library I will have decided, and thus can send out the emails accordingly when I first get there and get it off of my mind.  Tonight will be fun...

We leave for Budapest at 1am on Saturday night/Sunday morning...to drive 4 hours to Dublin...to fly 2 hours in the steel bird of death to Hungary...I will be medicated for this...!

I counted all my coinage today: Totaling 24.08 Euro (31.08$). I can only cash in for bills a certain way though, so tomorrow I will pick up my 20Euro from the bank.  Yay money.

I haven't taken pictures since St. Paddy's Day...I need to get on that.

Amelia and I made banana bread today. It was not exactly as we expected, but still edible, which was nice.  All it needed was more bananas and honey (replacement for sugar).  It was good to talk since I hadn't seen her for a while.  We're going to go try on clothes that we won't/can't buy on Friday (aka "shopping") and then go to this Mexican food place for dinner. 

I really want paella.  REALLY bad.  If you don't know what it is, look it up ASAP.  It's not that difficult to make, so I could make it here, it just requires lots of seafood (as well as chicken and sausage) which requires a lot of money...so maybe not. Plus it makes a TON. I am looking forward to making it at home. Perhaps for the Fam.

Parents get here in two weeks. Cool!

I also need to write in my journal....Oooppps.

Amelia lent me a sweet potato to make for dinner, since I have little food.  I cut it up like fries and pan fried it with some olive oil and salt. Pretty dang good. Also had some rice.  

I miss eating with people.  Either my family at home or friends at school.  I like having people around.  And hearing your flat-mate pee next-door does not count as "having people around."

I need to get an update from the parents regarding the well-being of my plants: Betty (the unknown plant I found in the Math building at GAC with a sign that said "Free"), Picasso (the cactus who was, when I last saw him, shriveling), and my unnamed tiny aloe plant. I hope all is well with them.

If I have money at the end of all my travels I am going to stock-up on jeans. They fit so well here!

Well, this has been a sufficiently random post...I could keep going, but I won't.  It was nice to (semi)focus on one thing for a while.  I must go again mentally prepare myself for a long day at the library tomorrow. I will be writing a 3000 word essay agreeing to the statement that "to engage a man's desire in another man's creation is one way of transforming the material exchange of poem for money into an act of quasi-sexual intimacy."  Sounds interesting, eh?!





No comments:

Post a Comment