Tomorrow Erin and Kristina and I are going to the Blarney Castle! I am so excited, not only because it is a cool and "touristy" kind of place (How can you be in Cork and NOT see Blarney?!) but also because I am for the first time getting out of the city of Cork, to someplace "new."
Last night Erin and I went to a "Mama Mia" Sing-a-Long hosted by the Choral Soc, where we basically sat in one of the lecture halls with a giant screen, watched the movie with the lyrics, and sang our hearts out with 75 other people. It was amazing.
After that we went to the Thirsty and heard some trad music! Yay! What's even better is that it was some of the same guys playing who had been there the first time I went to the pub. I recognized the banjo player because I remember thinking he was really cute, so, again, when they were taking a break from playing I went up and talked with him. His name is Diarmuid. (Pronounced "Dear-mid." I know, it took him about 10 times saying at as well as writing it down on a coaster for me to get it. I felt kind of bad...I know it now though!) But he remembered me from the night I jammed with them (or at least he said he did...haha) so that was cool. I told him I would be there next Wednesday again. Looking forward to that.
Oh! My parents had sent, per my request, some mac-n-cheese to my apartment here and I picked it up from reception this afternoon. It was so wonderful! I was expecting a couple of boxes, but once I opened the cardboard flaps of the shipping box, I discovered 13 BOXES of Kraft Original mac-n-cheese. I was so happy, like I had received a puppy or something. There was also a letter from "Bobber" that made my cry, which was unfortunate because I had just done my make-up. I think a lot about if he wonders where I am. Surely he has developed some type of long-term memory regarding me, and since this is the longest I have gone without being home, does he think about when I am coming back? Does he even realize how long it's been? I like to think so. Personally, I think humans underestimate animals, especially dogs, in their ability to remember people and feelings associated with those people. I don't like to think about it too much because it makes me really sad- I miss Bobber so much. Probably because he loves me unconditionally, he's always there, he's so easily pleased, and I really need that while I am here. In the absence of that, it is really hard being away from him. (I don't put him on the same relationship level as with my family and human friends, so don't think that I don't miss them any less!!!! I DO! A LOT!!!)
Ahh The boys seemed to have settled now. So I will as well and try to get to sleep. I have re-discovered podcasts on iTunes and have subscribed to two that basically read and talk about poetry. It is quite nice to go to bed to. I'll post pictures soon!

Hi Susie - Its BOBBER! Mom is letting me use her computer again. Of COURSE I remember you and miss you! I look longingly at the couch where you usually are when you are home and dream of the day when you are back there, where you belong, with a plate of food in one hand and your phone in the other...
ReplyDeleteHope you are well!
Love,
Bobber