I blame it on last night when I was awoken at 3am by the fire alarm in my room going off, which completely freaked me out. Then I heard a lot of people going in and out of the apartment so I thought something might actually be wrong (they had been testing the alarms the last week, so we didn't have to do anything then), so I wandered out of the room, looking mighty attractive in my saggy-butt pj pants, flannel shirt, and damp bed-head hair, and waited to see if one of the boys came out of their rooms. Oren did, holding a bottle of vodka in one hand and what looked to be a bowl of cereal in the other, to whom I asked in my sore-throat and groggy mumbling, "Is this, like, a legit fire?" He said, "No, someone's probably just cooking something...fire alarms...it's fine...go back to bed." So I shuffled back into my room, that was now fully alight not with flames but the devil halogen bubble-light affixed on the wall opposite my bed, the one that I had flicked on as I tried to listen to possible shouts of "Fire!" or "Get out of the building!" a few minutes earlier. I flicked it off and locked the door. The alarm was still blaring. I fell into bed with a clunk and formed my blankets into a mass over my head. It eventually did turn off, to which I was slightly relieved only to be annoyed again with the fact that the boys must have been having some type of get-together and thus may voices and door-slamming could be heard. They must have started after I had gone to bed (which was at 12:30- the earliest I have gone to bed for a while now...). I probably was kept up until 4am, not that it was an easier to go to bed now after the jolt of the alarm. It was in this hour, though, that I remembered that not only was I planning on going to the Guarda in the morning, but that I also had an in-class essay exam at 1 for which I had not reviewed. I had completely forgotten about both of these. In my tiredness and frustration, I figured one more day wouldn't hurt and I would go to the Guarda on Friday and that I could study some then in the morning instead. After that decision I just lay there, waiting for the Ibuprofin I took to kick in because my throat was so sore and painful that I thought it was swelling up and would suffocate me in my sleep. I kept waking up off-and-on in the morning hours, glad I was indeed still living, but irked that I could just sleep through everything.
I literally just ate an entire half-roll of Tesco chocolate chip cookies that I got for under a Euro while typing this. That's about 8 cookies. Oops.
But the in-class essay went fine, I guess. I didn't write that much, but I feel that what I did write was insightful and organized. I thought, though, that I had a class at 2 right when the exam was finished, so I rushed over to the classroom, looked in, and saw NOT my professor and NOT the other students in my class. I didn't have class until 3... I have no idea what I was thinking.
I am staying in tonight because I have gone out the last two nights and stayed up really late Monday night working on a presentation. On Tuesday night, Erin and a friend Kristina and I went to town and had some wonderful and well-need Girl Time. Last night Erin and I went out again, originally planning to go to a pub called the Thirsty Scholar for some live music (for those paying close attention to my blog, you might remember that this is the same place Peter took me the first time we went out...you know, where I played the bodhran despite only having one lesson?...) Anyhoo, there wasn't any music because there was some important football/soccer/I am not sure game on so the pub was packed with guys all staring at the multiple TVs. So we went to Costigans, where we were the night before too, and they actually had two guitarists/singers there who, in addition to being quite good-looking, could also sing very well. "A velvety voice," we said. But tonight I must mentally prepare myself for the 9am class and both the long walk to the Guarda and having to talk with the people there again about my immigration card. So I will stay in. And rest. And update the blog!
My hair has not been cooperating lately. I am not quite sure what to do about it. I feel like it is already growing back. I am keeping the scissors far way though. At least for a while.
I had my bodhran lesson on Wednesday this week (also adding to my confusion with my schedule) and Colm says that the only thing I have left to do now is just play as much as I can, either with a CD or actual people. I am doing very well, he says, which makes his job a lot easier. So that's kinda cool!
I have discovered the best microwave popcorn on Earth: The brand is Kelkin, and it is called "Micro Pop." It is all-natural, cheap, and incredibly delicious. And I have sampled many micro-popcorn in my day, so you know it has to be good.
I feel an episode of House is in my near future. Take care!

No comments:
Post a Comment