Peter had invited me, and I already had met some of his friends that were also there, which was nice. But I also met a lot of new people. I never know if it is just the people I tend to surround myself with without me really noticing it (that I am drawn to certain people) but everyone there was so nice. And I generally don't like using the word "nice" because it has kind of lost its definition. It wasn't the fake nice that people often get in situations like these, but rather a genuine overall feeling of goodness. Or maybe it's just that I like to talk to people. My friend Anna back home would be proud of me for talking with strangers: I was always amazed at her ability to literally find a person sitting alone in the Caf, go sit with them, and start up a conversation. Well, I didn't exactly do that last night, but significant progress is being made nonetheless is the "Confident and Sociable" department of my life.
They really lucked out on the weather last night, being that there was no rain and wasn't that cold out. Today's weather was just AWFUL! Windy and rainy all day, I even heard to storm and flood warning announced in the food store. I can only imagine all those people trying to get to and then into the building in weather like this. There actually might be a ball tonight...suckers. I forgot to mention that these events are quite popular: Many departments of the college hold them, and this is generally the season for them to be held.
I had an apartment viewing on Tuesday. I really liked everything except for the fact that it was a double, so I would be sharing the room with another girl, Katie. We didn't have time to chat at all when I was there. I am going to give it the weekend to think about...
Tomorrow I have a 9am class. Ugh. I will probably open an Irish bank account too so I can get my immigration mess under control. Than maybe a nap. I'm going out to dinner with two girls I met here so I am looking forward to that as well. Then it's the weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment